Tips for Success
With proper planning, in just four critical days, you can set up a full year of business connections, partnering possibilities and exposure to many innovations for the future of biotech.
BIO offers a variety of programming, connection points and networking resources to help you be successful in San Francisco. We encourage you to consider all you can contribute to the largest event on earth for biotechnology.
We suggest you begin by outlining your organization’s objectives (and a few personal ones too) and start evaluating how you can make the most of your time at BIO.
5 Tips to Plan Your BIO 2016 Budget
- Review the Registration options and make the best choice for each of your team members
- Secure discounted hotel rooms using BIO Housing: amenities include coffee service and free WiFi
- Research your travel options and book your flights early
- Research restaurant menus in advance; view deals on Open Table, Groupon and LivingSocial
- Use the free BIO Shuttle, San Francisco mass transit, or allow time to walk and enjoy the fresh air
5 Tips for Successful Partnering
- Fill out your profile, focus on the opportunities you have to offer
- Mark when you are available to take meetings on your calendar. Make as much time available as you can
- Search for companies you would like to meet, or collaborate with your team to do so, and send them tailored meeting requests. You can continue to message companies after the conference too.
- Accept, reject or otherwise manage your incoming meetings requests, or do so collaboratively with your team
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 every few days since new companies join and send requests regularly.
- BONUS TIP: Partner like a heavy weight. Manage your team’s partnering workflow, information and documentation in Partneringplace, a year-round solution seamlessly integrated with BIO’s partnering system.
5 Tips to Plan for BIO International Convention
- Outline your organization's business objectives: stay focused
- Plan your time early! Use the myBIO personal planning tool
- Create a notebook/binder with all your BIO details
- Make sure you have plenty of business cards!
- Wear comfortable shoes each day (no new shoes!)