Submit a Story to the BIO Buzz Show Daily
Distributed onsite in San Diego to all attendees!
Click here to flip through the 2016 BIO Buzz Show Daily
BIO Buzz is the Official Show Daily for the 2017 BIO International Conference and is the ONLY Show Daily endorsed by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization. A "must read" for attendees, this daily publication delivers the hottest breaking industry news and is distributed in high-traffic areas at the Convention Center and nearby major hotel lobbies Tuesday, June 20 through Thursday, June 22.
What You Will Need To Submit:
- A brief overview about your industry affiliation, or that of the author
- A hi-resolution, jpeg photo head-shot
- The type of article you are providing (see below for types of articles accepted)
- Microsoft Word or comparable software
- Any Graphics must be provided in hi-resolution and will be used as space permits
Types of Articles Accepted:
- Single article. Should offer news and/or insights relevant to your area of expertise. It should not be self-promotional; a byline with your name, company and headshot (space permitting) will be included. 500 - 800 words.
- Three-part series. Choose this if your story represents multiple concepts that can be presented on consecutive days. Each article can be 500-800 words.
- Feature story. A feature should have a unique quality to trigger further thought. It can be an in-depth look into something timely and/or relevant or a curiosity worth further consideration. It can be controversial or entertaining, informative or inspirational. 1,100 – 1,800 words.
- Does your title clearly and concisely convey your topic? Is it snappy?
- Will your lead-off paragraph capture the reader's attention?
- Why is it important to the BIO Buzz Show Daily reader and to the biotechnology industry as a whole?
- Are there regional or international implications?
- Have you provided supporting data? Interesting quotes?
- Have you included benefits/challenges and/or positive/negative consequences?
- Does your editorial end with a provocative statement or thoughtful question?
- Avoid self-promotion. Submissions should be specialized to your area of expertise but not be solely about you or your company.
***Press releases will not be accepted***