- Explore the Program
Explore the Program
BIO 2014 provides you with a variety of education options for a variety of professional roles and learning styles.
- Biofuels & Renewable Chemicals Forum will spotlight developments and breakthroughs in industrial biotechnologies for biopolymer production, renewable chemical platforms and advanced biofuels.
- Orphan Disease Forum and Networking Reception
- Personalized Medicine & Diagnostics Forum and Networking Reception will address the challenges facing the personalized medicine and diagnostic communities and how these communities are changing the landscape of modern healthcare.
- NEW M-Health (Mobile Health) Forum and Networking Reception
- R/Evolution of Agriculture Technologies Forum: Academic, agricultural, conservation and government stakeholders are invited to engage in forward-looking dialogue regarding the continued evolution of agricultural technologies, their transformative potential for agricultural intensification, climate change mitigation, and environmental conservation, and impacts on regulations and adoption by growers and consumers, both domestic and international.
- Translational Research Forum (TRF) and Networking Reception explores new translational funding, collaboration and licensing models. The forum bring a variety of stakeholders from universities, companies and accelerators in addition to federal, state and foreign governments to network and analyze the latest developments in technology transfer.
- NEW Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics Forum will examine the latest developments in preventive and therapeutic vaccines, as well as national policies and financing mechanisms that affect global business opportunities in this field.
TRACKS (Choose from 8)
- Basic Research and Discovery Track will highlight cutting edge scientific advancements and related efforts in early stage biomedical research, prior to introduction to the clinic.
- Business Development and Financing Track will focus on corporate deal making and operations, as well as fundraising for private and public companies.
- Clinical Trials & Product Testing
- Intellectual Property Track highlights current challenges in intellectual property protection for biotech innovations including pragmatic approaches to securing protection in light of the latest judicial and administrative developments.
- International Market Briefings
- Manufacturing, Distribution, & Operations Track will focus on timely issues, pertinent challenges, and recent developments related to manufacturing and distribution of biopharmaceutical products.
- Market Access and Commercialization Track will address emerging health policy issues and key developments impacting the market and reimbursement landscape for innovative biopharmaceutical therapies. These submissions will explore the commercial and operational impacts of state and federal policy developments on innovative biopharmaceuticals.
- The Regulatory Review & Approval Track will spotlight regulatory and legal developments at the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and across the globe that will affect biotech companies’ ability to research and develop biopharmaceuticals, successfully bring these products to market, and maintain approval and compliance.
Past Convention Program Topics & Speakers
The 2013 BIO International Convention program featured more than 125 sessions in 15 topic areas covering a wide variety of topics relevant to the biotechnology industry including healthcare, environmental issues, food and agriculture, and industrial applications. View 2013 Session Descriptions