Buzz of BIO™ - Recognizing the most innovative companies at the 2015 BIO International Convention®
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY, VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
Any electronic message sent to or received by a service subscriber of any electronic or wireless carrier may incur a standard messaging charge in accordance with that carrier's Terms and Conditions applicable to such customer's particular plan. Contact your electronic or wireless carrier for messaging charges and plan details.
1) Eligibility: The Buzz of BIO™ - Recognizing the most innovative companies at the 2015 BIO International Convention® contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate families and those living in their same household) of the Biotechnology Industry Organization ("BIO" or "Organizer"), or any Contest Sponsor, are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Previous winners of any Buzz of BIO™ contest (including the Buzz of BIO™ contest at (1) the BIO Investor Forum; (2) the BIO CEO & Investor Conference; and, (3) the BIO International Convention) within the past three years (i.e., three years from registration opening for this Contest) are not eligible to participate in or win the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Contest will be construed and evaluated according to U.S. law.
2) How to Enter: Log on to http://www.convention.bio.org/buzzofbio/nominations.aspx , upload a logo and submit an entry (less than 300 characters in length) to describe your project, telling us how your technology, business or idea can impact the biotechnology community. When you're satisfied with what you've written, just submit and you'll be automatically entered in the Contest for a chance to win one of the two Grand Prizes of one Convention Access & Partnering Registration (up to $2,999 in value) and an option to present in the BIO Business Forum Presentations (up to $1,500 in value). Contest nomination is open between 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) on March 31, 2015 and ends at 5:00:00 PM ET on April 7, 2015, or until 40 qualifying nominations have been received (whichever occurs first).
Entries must be complete to be eligible. Entries become the property of Organizer, and will not be returned. Any form of entry by electronic message into this Contest will be deemed made by the named account holder (for the form of electronic submission) who is assigned at the time of entry to the electronic device so used. Limit of one entry per person, per day for this Contest, regardless of method of entry.
All complete and appropriate entries will be considered for judgment for the Grand Prizes. The Organizer, any Contest Sponsor, any Internet access providers, their respective parents, affiliates, divisions, and agencies and each of the foregoing entities' respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transfer of entry information, human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer
equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access web site or cell number, damage to a user's computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in this Contest or any other problem or error that may occur. No responsibility is assumed for entrant information that is incomplete or incorrectly entered. All entries become the property of the Organizer.
The first 40 completed entries received between 9:00:00 AM ET on March 31, 2015 and 5:00:00 PM ET on April 7, 2015 will become contest finalists and thus eligible for one of the two Grand Prizes being given away. The Organizer will place entries into qualifying Categories, Pipelines of Promises and Technologies of Tomorrow. The Organizer is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
Each Contest entrant that becomes a finalist will be displayed on www.convention.bio.org/buzzofbio. Users shall vote for the entries that they feel best meet the criteria set forth below. The entries (i.e., one entry from each Category) that have gained the highest number of votes at the conclusion of the community voting period will be the Grand Prize winners. The community voting period begins at 9:00:00 AM ET on April 14, 2015 and ends at 5:00:00 PM ET on April 21, 2015. Only one vote per unique email address per day will be accepted and recorded.
The following criteria, weighed equally, should be taken into consideration by Users when voting: Innovative Technology, Quality of Presentation and Strength of Ideas.
Submissions can be disqualified if the submission either subjects the submitter, BIO or BIO's members, or the BIO International Convention to legal jeopardy or compromises BIO's or BIO's members' good will and/or reputation, intellectual property or trade secret interests. This includes words or imagery that are sexually charged or suggestive, that depict acts of violence or cruelty, that attack or disparage or present in a false light any individual or group of people, that are otherwise vile, nasty or otherwise uncivil, that makes false performance claims about BIO or BIO members, or the BIO International Convention that use the likeness, words, or other intellectual property of a third party or celebrity (for
example, a movie star, rock star, or company) without appropriate permission to do so. Decisions of the Organizer are final - no substitutions will be available.
The judging and selection of each potential Grand Prize winner will be conducted from among all eligible entries received as outlined in Rule #3 above. The Contest will be conducted by ORGANIZER, and their decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Potential winners are subject to eligibility verification and compliance with these official rules. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign, have notarized and return to ORGANIZER an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability, and, where legal, publicity release within fourteen (14) days of issuance of notification. Failure to complete and return the documents in the time noted or if prize notification is undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification and an alternate winner(s) will be selected and notified. Each Grand Prize winner must be 21 years of age or older at time of entry. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for the Organizer and its designees to use the winner's name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Odds of winning a prize are subject to the total number of eligible entries received.
5) Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prize winners will each receive the two Grand Prizes of (1) one (1) Convention Access & Partnering registration (up to $2,999 in value), and (2) an option to make a company presentation in the BIO Business Forum (up to $1,500 in value). Taxes on prizes are solely the responsibility of the winner. The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
If the winner has already registered for or applied to present at the 2015 BIO International Convention and has paid the required fees, the Organizer will reimburse the winner for the price of one (1) Convention Access & Partnering registration, and for the price they paid for the Business Forum company presentation slot.
If, for any reason, a Grand Prize winner cannot accept one of the grand prizes, neither the Organizer nor any Contest Sponsor shall have any further obligation to the Grand Prize winner. All other expenses relating to acceptance of Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including but not limited to travel costs, hotel expenses, taxes, ground transportation, meals, beverages, alcoholic beverages, and gratuities or any other miscellaneous travel expenses are the responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Specifics of the Grand Prize are subject to availability and Organizer's sole discretion. Complete terms and conditions of Grand Prize will be furnished with prize notification. Prize is non-transferable. Any element of the Grand Prize, once awarded to the Grand Prize winner, may not be transferred to any other party; no substitutions or cash awards allowed. All details of prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Organizer. The registration awarded to a Grand Prize winner will become responsibility of the winner upon possession of same and will not be replaced. The terms and conditions of the registration awarded as a prize will govern in the event that the BIO International Convention is unable to take place as planned, is cancelled or postponed, for any reason whatsoever, including an event of force majeure. Organizer has no responsibility to the winner except to provide the registration, and the registration shall constitute full satisfaction of Organizer's prize obligation to the Grand Prize winner, and no other compensation will be awarded. The Organizer, or any of its officials, and/or any other relevant party reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the winner who engages in an unprofessional or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the BIO International Convention. The Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each registration is up to $2,999, and the ARV of the Presentation, if required, is up to $1,500. Actual value of prize may vary based on whether the winner exercises the option to present at the BIO Business Forum Presentations. Approximate retail value of all prizes is up to $8,998. Any and all guarantees and warranties for the registrations are subject to the terms and conditions of the BIO International Convention, and each winner agrees to look solely to such terms and conditions for any such warranty or guarantee claim. There is a limit of one prize per household.
6) Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, incomplete, or illegible entries; or entries that are lost due to computer, Internet, or electronic malfunction. Organizer reserves the right to cancel or modify contest and award the prize through an alternate means if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the contest, as determined by Organizer in its sole discretion. Entrants agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this contest or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an electronic entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the e-mail account is registered or authorized account holder. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question.
Each participant agrees (i) to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Organizer which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest, and (ii) to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, actions, and/or liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or for entry into this Contest, any related activities, or acceptance or use of any prize won.
This Contest is not intended to be a source of investment advice or recommendation and the Released Parties shall not have any liability for any damages of any kind whatsoever relating to this Contest.
Conditions: Organizer reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this
Contest at any time without prior notice. If for any reason this Contest is not
capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs,
tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other
causes beyond the control of the Organizer which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest,
the Organizer reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any
individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the Contest. Should this Contest be terminated, Organizer reserves
the right to select potential winner(s) from among all eligible, non-suspect
entries received as of the action requiring such termination. The Released
Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any
computer system, server, or service providers, computer equipment, software,
failure of any entry to be received by Organizer on account of technical
problems, human error or any combination thereof, including any injury or
damage to participant's or any other person's computer equipment relating to or
resulting from participation in this sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE ORGANIZER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8) Winners List: For the name of Grand Prize winners, available after April 30, 2015, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Buzz of BIO, c/o Brian Pinkston, Biotechnology Industry Organization, 1201 Maryland Avenue SW Suite 900, Washington DC 20024. Requests received after July 1, 2015, will not be honored. Do not send entries or other correspondence to this address.
9) Organizer: The Organizer of this Contest is the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO, 1201 Maryland Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20024. ©2015 Biotechnology Industry Organization. All rights reserved. All BIO® -related names, marks, and logos are trademarks of the Biotechnology Industry Organization. All rights reserved. The Buzz of BIO - Recognizing the most innovative companies at the 2015 BIO International Convention contest is a separate and distinct contest from any other Buzz of BIO contest.