- Advance media registration will be available January 4, 2011 – June 17, 2011.
- Onsite media registration will be available June 26-30, 2011 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center.
Media Registration Guidelines:
Advance media registration is now available online. To register as media, please click here.
Media registration is open to editors and reporters working full time for print, broadcast, or web publications with valid press credentials.
Valid press credentials are required at time of registration and include:
- A bylined article published by their employing news agency within the past six months
- A copy of publication masthead listing the individual’s primary position as an editor or reporter
- Official photo identification issued by employing news agency or government
Bloggers will be considered for media registration on a case-by-case basis and must provide three of their most recent blog posts on a biotechnology related subject to be considered for media registration.
Freelance journalists may apply for complimentary media registration, but must present the following:
- A signed letter on company letterhead from your assignment editor confirming your assignment to cover the event
- A by-lined story from the publication you are freelancing for dated within the last six months
Web-based, college, and freelance reporters are strongly encouraged to register in advance.
Please note that marketing executives, sales representatives, public relations executives, analysts, consultants, authors, and researchers may not register as media.
BIO reserves the right to deny media registration to any individual who does not meet the above guidelines, or to limit the amount of media registrants from any one publication.
BIO reserves the right to request a copy of convention coverage as a requirement for media registration.